George is an accomplished leadership development professional, with a strong background in individual and group processes that build leaders’ competencies and capacities through facilitation skills, cross-cultural communication, tolerating dissent, developing leadership skills, coaching skills, counseling skills among others. With previous careers as a lawyer and church minister, today George uses his strong interpersonal and analytical skills as well as his extensive coaching toolkit, to bring out the best in the people with whom he works regardless of their level or sector.
He began his career as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya representing banks in debt collection and drafting legal documents. Thereafter, he became a church minister in an international church with over 4,000 members where he fulfilled senior management and leadership roles across various departments. For over 10 years, George oversaw leadership development in the church which entailed designing, developing and delivering numerous interactive leadership processes and programs that gained buy-in and commitment to action from over 1,500 leaders.
For the last seven years, George has co-founded and co-directed a successful leadership and organizational development consultancy firm. Through this firm, he has partnered with the Coach Development Institute of Africa, the only ICF-accredited local coach training institution, as a trainer, associate coach and mentor coach. He is also an associate consultant with Cirrus-Connect PVT Limited based in UK and Australia, and is a global executive coach with Global Coach Network based in USA.
Being a value added associate with TTI Success Insights, George is a Certified Professional Analyst in Behaviour, Driving-Forces and Emotional Quotient. Recently George has joined the panel of executive coaches for the Standard Bank (Stanbic) of South Africa and PWC across Africa plus the 2018 ICF Code of Ethics Review Team.
In collaborating with a local training institution and two global professional undertakings, George has trained, coached and facilitated workshops for numerous C-suite, senior and mid-level managers of companies in the following sectors: financial services, logistics and supply chain, insurance, energy and environment, telecommunication, small and medium enterprises (SME), legal and non- governmental.
Accreditations & Education
- Accredited Facilitator and Coach of Leadership Drive High Performance Program, Standard Chartered Bank.
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation (ICF Credential), USA.
- Registered Mentor Coach, International Coach Federation (ICF Credential), USA.
- Certified Organizational Effectiveness Coach (COEC) Coach Development Institute of Africa, Kenya.
- Certified NLP Coach Practitioner, Symbiosis Coaching, India/USA.
- Certification in Executive Coaching (CEC), Academy of Executive Coaching, UK.
- Certification in Professional Leadership Coaching (CPLC), Lifeforming Leadership Coaching LLC, USA.
- Certified Professional Behavior Analyst (CPBA), TTI Success Insights, South Africa/USA
- Certified Professional Driving-Forces Analyst (CPDFA), TTI Success Insights, South Africa/USA
- Certified Professional Emotional Quotient Analyst (CPEQA), TTI Success Insights, South Africa/USA
- Masters of Art in Ministerial Studies (Leadership), Global University, USA.
- Bachelors of Art in Bible & Theology, Global University, USA.
- Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law, Kenya.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Bachelor of Laws, Aligarh Muslim University, India.
- Bachelors of Commerce, Osmania University, India.